xnmarket

Zendaya's new shoe line is cute and affordable

Zendaya-shoes-crop.jpg

Getty Images

Your feet are about to be so happy: Zendaya has launched her very own shoe line—called Daya! The venture is a collaboration between Zendaya and her longtime stylist Law Roach, who was recently snatched up by budding fashion icon Celine Dion because of his flawless work with the teen celeb. The collection includes everything from 6-inch stilettos to pointed-toe flats, all now available on Nordstrom.com ranging from $70-110. We recently caught up with with the model, actress, Beyoncé favorite, and now footwear designer, about her own style, the women who inspire her, and, of course, shoes!

GLAMOUR: You're such a style star and could have done any kind of fashion project. Why shoes?

ZENDAYA: Well, first of all, I'm obsessed with them. But it was a good place to start because there are so many categories you can get into, this felt like a more controlled environment where I could focus and get started. I don't want to give myself too much too quickly and jump into the deep end when I wasn't ready.

Zendaya-shoes-3

"Angus" bootie, $110

Courtesy of Daya by Zendaya

GLAMOUR: What was the inspiration for line?

ZENDAYA: I'm really inspired by the women in my life. I have big sisters, my mom, my older niece who's in college, and my little nieces who are soon going to start wearing heels and want to go to school dances. And also, I was that girl with working parents who couldn't afford Louboutins and I wanted a great shoe to wear to my 8th grade dance. But that wasn't available or they seemed cheap and felt like a knockoff. There's a market for really "'uxury' looking and feeling shoes at a good price point.

Zendaya-shoes-7

"Amiee" sandal, $100

Courtesy of Daya by Zendaya

GLAMOUR: So what's the process like to start creating this collection?

ZENDAYA: I started by asking people how they genuinely feel about buying shoes. For instance, when I'd get my hair done or something like that, I'd talk to people and be like, 'How much would you spend for a good shoe?' I just wanted to get their honest opinions. And, by the way, this line isn't just for women, because boys rock heels, too! For the design, I was inspired by some of the great shoes my stylist Law [Roach] has pulled for me or that I own myself, but made sure they weren't like the knockoffs I've seen. A lot of those try to do a version of a pointed-toe pump, but they cover too much toe cleavage or do something to make it not sexy. This is my own, original version, designed to be as high-end as possible.

Zendaya-shoes-8

"Atmore" pump, $80

Courtesy of Daya by Zendaya

GLAMOUR: How did you decide which styles you wanted to create?

ZENDAYA: Here's the thing, just because I don't personally wear certain things doesn't mean other people don't, right? I don't wear flats that often, I like super tall 6-inch heels or sneakers. There's no in between for me. But there are women who feel more comfortable in lower heels, so I tried to think about how I create a low heel or flat that I would wear and think is flattering. It was definitely a challenge, but hey, we made some cute ballet flats, and I never thought that was possible!

GLAMOUR: It's interesting that you're into tall heels since you're so tall yourself. What advice can you give other tall women and girls who maybe avoid wearing higher heels?

ZENDAYA: I come from a line of tall, fabulous women—my mom is 6'4". A lot of friends and fans have asked me about this. The thing is: people are going to comment on you being tall whether you like it or not. So, you might as well just be extra tall and be fabulous while being tall. It's inevitable that they're going to say something. People tell me I'm tall even when I'm barefoot. So, I might as well wear some heels and really do it up. If I could be taller, I would be!

GLAMOUR: What's your shoe for a night out?

ZENDAYA: I always go back to a pointy pump. It works for everyone and with everything. It just works! It's magical. When I was creating the line with Law, we said we had to make our own version in every color and pattern. And that's what we did!

Zendaya-shoes-4

"Atmore III" pump, $90

Courtesy of Daya by Zendaya

GLAMOUR: Speaking of Law, how was it collaborating with him after years of working together?

ZENDAYA: Law and I are a partnership. Not only has he been my one and only stylist since I was 14, but we've created this whole thing together. We're a team, this whole fashion thing that I do would not be possible without him. So when it came down to doing a fashion line, it only felt right to do it together. If people enjoy looking at my clothes, they're enjoying his work. It's been awesome because he's someone who keeps it real, and I like to have people around me who are very honest.

GLAMOUR: How has that relationship effected who you are and how you dress today?

ZENDAYA: It's great that I had him in my life at such a young age because that's when it was so crucial, growing up and learning about yourself and dealing with confidence and self image and everything. So having him there to tell me not to care about what people think and pushing me to be fearless and do what the hell I want to has helped on more levels than just fashion, but also how I feel.

Zendaya-shoes-5

"Adrian" flat, $70

Courtesy of Daya by Zendaya

GLAMOUR: How many pairs of shoes do you own?

ZENDAYA: Oh my god, so much! I have pairs everywhere, some at my house, some at Law's house, it's ridiculous. I honestly don't know, but definitely more than 100.

Zendaya-shoes-6

"Aaron" pump, $90

Courtesy of Daya by Zendaya

Now, watch for more fun facts about Zendaya!


Source: http://www.glamour.com/story/zendayas-new-shoe-line
Zendaya's new shoe line is cute and affordable Zendaya's new shoe line is cute and affordable Reviewed by Unknown on 7/21/2016 Rating: 5

No comments:

xnmarket
Powered by Blogger.