xnmarket

'X-Men: Apocalypse' Star Olivia Munn Shares Rigorous Training As Psylocke

The Eye

SIGN UP TO RECEIVE THE LATEST NEWS FROM FASHION&STYLE

Olivia Munn
(Photo : Frazer Harrison/Getty Images for Spike TV ) Olivia Munn learned tae kwon do in order to prepare for her role as the mutant Psylocke.

In order to give the mutant Psylocke a convincing portrayal, not to mention do justice to her ultra revealing costume, actress Olivia Munn trained rigorously before they even started filming for "X-Men: Apocalypse."

"I started training, doing 6/7 hours a day of sword and tae kwon do, never picked up a sword before. But it's really important to me that Psylocke was as believable as possible and that meant to me that I had to really know what I was doing and be strong," she told USA Today. "And since this is the introduction to the character in the 'X-Men' world, the fight scene, for me, was the monologue. It meant everything to me to be able to do it."

Munn's commitment to her craft even impressed her boyfriend Aaron Rodgers, who is used to difficult training himself as the quarterback for the Green Bay Packers.

"He's very proud of me, to see the dedication that I put into it. It's everyday he does something that's surprising and sweet and romantic," she said.

When moviegoers finally watch Bryan Singer's new mutant movie, Munn wants to get all the credit for the difficult stunts as Psylocke.

"That was me from the beginning to the end," Munn told Entertainment Tonight. "That was a really cool thing to feel like when I showed up on set I was like, "Oh wait, I can do this! Throw me onto a wire, give me a sword - I'm good!'"

When asked why she let her stunt double take the back seat for the film, Munn answered, "Psylocke is such a powerful, lethal character. It was important to me that I was able to do all of the stunts because the more believable it is, the better it is for the audience - and the only way to make it believable is for me to actually do it."

"X-Men: Apocalypse" will make its way to cinemas on May 27.

SIGN UP TO RECEIVE THE LATEST NEWS FROM FASHION&STYLE

© 2015 Fashion & Style.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Feb 25, 2016 01:02 AM EST


Source: http://www.fashionnstyle.com/articles/81063/20160225/x-men-apocalypse-star-olivia-munn-shares-rigorous-training-as-psylocke.htm
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Star Olivia Munn Shares Rigorous Training As Psylocke 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Star Olivia Munn Shares Rigorous Training As Psylocke Reviewed by Unknown on 2/24/2016 Rating: 5

No comments:

xnmarket
Powered by Blogger.