xnmarket

‘The 100’ Season 3: Ricky Whittle Slams EP Jason Rothenberg For Being A Bully

The Eye

SIGN UP TO RECEIVE THE LATEST NEWS FROM FASHION&STYLE

Ricky Whittle 2
(Photo : Getty Images/Jason Merritt) Ricky Whittle, former star of "The 100," recently sat down to discuss why he left the show and admitted he had been bullied by executive producer Jason Rothenberg.

Former star of "The 100" Ricky Whittle recently sat down to discuss why he left the show and revealed that he had been bullied by executive producer Jason Rothenberg.

**WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD**

Vulture reported that Whittle admitted on AfterBuzzTV that Lincoln was not supposed to die in "The 100" season three.

Instead, he made the decision to leave the show because he was sick of being bullied by Rothenberg.

"At the beginning of the season, Lincoln had a whole storyline that was cut, that was non-existent. It was my choice to go," Whittle explained. "This is going to be the most controversial thing I will say, but basically Jason Rothenberg abused his position to make my job untenable. What he did was disgusting and he should be ashamed. He was professionally bullying me, cutting out all the storylines I was supposed to be doing, cutting lines, cutting everything out, trying to make myself and my character as insignificant as possible."

Whittle told Zap2It that he sent plenty of emails to Rothenberg asking why his storylines were getting cut, but the executive producer never responded.

"The relationship between Lincoln and Octavia has disappeared and the reason was that Jason was trying to cut me out," he said. "It was childish, immature and narcissistic. I often had questions and emails that were ignored. I will never forgive him for making me walk away from something I really love. But I'm proud I did it because my personal well-being is more important than this."

The former star of "The 100" added that Peter Roth, the president of Warner Bros. Television Group, and Mark Pedowitz, president of the CW, have been very supportive.

Both men allowed him to audition for the role of Shadow Moon in STARZ's upcoming adaption of Neil Gaiman's novel "American Gods" because they could see Rothenberg was not using Lincoln at all.

Finally, Whittle pointed out that even though he is unhappy with how Rothenberg treated him, he hoped that fans will still watch "The 100" because he considers his former cast mates to be family.

"My big message is to keep watching the show," he said. "It's an incredible show and that's my family, so I want to promote that you keep supporting the cast and my crew. My cast is the hardest-working cast I've ever had the privilege of working with and the crew works their fingers to the bone."

"The 100" season three is currently airing on Thursday nights at 9 p.m. ET on the CW.

Keep checking back with Fashion&Style for the latest news about "The 100" season three.

SIGN UP TO RECEIVE THE LATEST NEWS FROM FASHION&STYLE

© 2015 Fashion & Style.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Apr 07, 2016 12:20 PM EDT


Source: http://www.fashionnstyle.com/articles/83226/20160407/100-season-3-ricky-whittle-slams-ep-jason-rothenberg-being-bully.htm
‘The 100’ Season 3: Ricky Whittle Slams EP Jason Rothenberg For Being A Bully ‘The 100’ Season 3: Ricky Whittle Slams EP Jason Rothenberg For Being A Bully Reviewed by Unknown on 4/07/2016 Rating: 5

No comments:

xnmarket
Powered by Blogger.