xnmarket

'Thor: Ragnarok' Star Chris Hemsworth Recalls Near-Death Experience

The Eye

SIGN UP TO RECEIVE THE LATEST NEWS FROM FASHION&STYLE

Chris Hemsworth
(Photo : Getty Images/Christian Augustin) Australian actor Chris Hemsworth will reprise his role as the Norse god of thunder in "Thor: Ragnarok," which is directed by Taika Waititi.

"Thor: Ragnarok" star Chris Hemsworth might appear invincible while portraying the Norse god of thunder, but his recent excursion in the Himalayas proved that the actor is just as human as the rest of his fans.

Hemsworth accompanied his wife Elsa Pataky during her mountain trek in the Himalayas for a television program, but when they reached 4,000 meters above sea level, the actor suddenly felt things were not up to speed.

Hemsworth told Jimmy Kimmel when he appeared as a guest in his program that the effects of the climb were nearly fatal.

"I'm in the tent and my breathing is getting worse, like Darth Vader meets Daffy Duck," he said.

Pataky alerted fellow mountaineers of his condition, and they all decided that he needed to get off the mountain.

"They start injecting me with all sorts of whatever's going to adjust my oxygen intake, oxygen mask on and fly down the mountain for eight hours in the four-wheel drives," said Hemsworth.

"But apparently it was oxygen in my lungs, the next step was oxygen in my brain and then goodnight we wouldn't be sitting here," he continued.

Hemsworth suffered from "altitude depression" then, and it was so bad that the 33-year-old star said that he thought that he was almost a goner.

"I slowly honestly started to lose my mind, like just completely irrational, overly sensitive to the most trivial things," he said. "For some reason I couldn't handle it."


Another thing that Hemsworth suffers from is nervousness, and he feels this every time he has to take on the role of Thor.

"I used to suffer from it [nervousness] quite badly when I first started out. It's still there now but I sort of acknowledge it differently," he told The Daily Telegraph Australia. "I just accept that it's going to be there and use the anxiety as a motivator. It makes me work harder, makes sure I do more preparation so I don't sit on set and that voice goes, you didn't work hard enough, it's going to fall apart."

"Thor: Ragnarok," which is directed by Taika Waititi, will be released on Nov. 3, 2017.

SIGN UP TO RECEIVE THE LATEST NEWS FROM FASHION&STYLE

© 2015 Fashion & Style.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Apr 19, 2016 03:40 AM EDT


Source: http://www.fashionnstyle.com/articles/83724/20160419/thor-ragnarok-star-chris-hemsworth-recalls-near-death-experience.htm
'Thor: Ragnarok' Star Chris Hemsworth Recalls Near-Death Experience 'Thor: Ragnarok' Star Chris Hemsworth Recalls Near-Death Experience Reviewed by Unknown on 4/19/2016 Rating: 5

No comments:

xnmarket
Powered by Blogger.